Once I received a voucher can I move (port) to another jurisdiction?

Yes, portability applies to families moving out of or into the Augusta Housing Authority’s jurisdiction within the United States and its territories. A person who receives a voucher must maintain residence within AHA jurisdiction for a minimum of one year or provide proof of residence in our jurisdiction at the time of initial application in order to be allowed to move with continued assistance. If you have Portability questions, please contact Star Smith at (706) 312-3116.